Another idiom I wish were gone from phobos/druntime

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 04:34:34 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 February 2015 at 09:43:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> There is no such difference in the current implementation.
> assertions inside
> of in and out blocks are no different from assertions inside of
> the
> functions themselves with regards to when they are compiled in
> or not.

Good point. One problem is that base asserts throw exceptions on
loosening contract on overriding method. Asserts in contracts can
behave differently, e.g. derived contract can call base contract
with a parameter asking to not throw on failure.