Another idiom I wish were gone from phobos/druntime

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 04:39:17 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 February 2015 at 11:43:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 February 2015 at 11:05:42 UTC, Paulo  Pinto
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 5 February 2015 at 10:09:34 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

>>> Yes, it is called cargo cult.
>>
>> I am out.
>
> Out of the rabbit hole, like Alice in Wonderland?
>
> But you are right, of course. The caller should not be able to
> subvert the contract. Only the build system should control
> contract enforcement (e.g. the integration team, system
> architect etc, not implementors)
>
> The D design process is very much a cargo cult thing...

I believe the Eiffel way, just like the industry does, with
endless tools
and processes that follow and validate DbC.

Since I don't have any use for D at work, besides being a
language geek, I don't see the point to argue for whatever might
be the outcome, other than producing noise and being part of the
problem.

So, I am out of this thread.

--
Paulo