Git, the D package manager

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 07:42:28 PST 2015

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:33:51 +0000, Mathias LANG wrote:

>>> The machine interface is "dub describe". It's JSON, so...
>>> that's what my Emacs package uses to pass -I flags to dmd for
>>> on-the-fly syntax checks.
>>
>> there is too much noise there. and there is no easy access to package
>> manager itself. as far as i can see, there is no command even to list
>> all *known* packages, only installed ones.
>
> Define noise in a M2M context.

i don't give a shit about all that 60 lines of crap "dub describe" spits.
i'm only interested in "dependencies" parts and... oh, and in compiler
flags and pathes, which aren't even there. everything else is just a
noise.

> Accessing to all known packages wouldn't be hard to implement (hint:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/
commit/5a93ab440017aa0998c50edda5cabad7c2bffc5f),
> it just need a dev^W champion.

there is no sense in implementing it in dub anyway. at least while dub
insists to be a build system.