misplaced @trust?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 11:49:40 PST 2015

On 2/5/15 11:17 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> In short, my proposal is:

Tainted variables are an interesting topic, but quite distinct from the
notion of separating safe code from unsafe code.

As much as I was shocked about the use of @trusted/@safe/@system in
std.file, std.array and sadly possibly in other places, I found no
evidence that the feature is misdesigned. I continue to consider it a
simple, sound, and very effective method of building and interfacing
robust code. An excellent engineering solution that offers a lot of
power at a modest cost.

I do not support this proposal to change the semantics of
@trusted/@safe/@system. A separate tainted data proposal might be of
interest for loosely related topics.

Andrei