Another idiom I wish were gone from phobos/druntime

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 12:14:47 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 12:03:29PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 2/5/2015 12:22 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >No. It's just a frustratingly common mistake - like saying "for all
> >intensive purposes" instead of "for all intents and purposes."
>
> What? I thought it was "for all infants and porpoises"!

What, what? For elephants and porpoises? I thought this was a
programming language forum; I must have subscribed to a zoo magazine by
mistake!

Programming is not just an act of telling a computer what to do: it is also an act of telling other programmers what you wished the computer to do. Both are important, and the latter deserves care. -- Andrew Morton