New DIP73: D Drafting Library

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 15:20:47 PST 2015

Hi Dicebot.

You are a clear thinker - close reasoning - and I admire that.

> As you may see requirements are very lax. Only real difference
> is that your proposal allows to accept modules that are not
> supposed to ever go to Phobos at all - which I am still
> convinced is a bad thing and belongs to code.dlang.org
>
> Speaking about objections vs code.dlang.org
>
>> community driven development as opposed to individually driven
>> (ownership/control of the source code)
>
> see no reason to expect this is actually better of makes any
> notable difference in general

Isn't there a psychological barrier to submitting pulls for
someone else's source code when it is not clear it will be
welcome?  Plus encouraging others to write docs etc. A community
project will still be de facto owned by the author, but
perception of its status is clearer.

Any benefit from Mars would come from purely human factors, but
sometimes these are important.

Laeeth.