@trust is an encapsulation method, not an escape

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 6 11:29:20 PST 2015

On Friday, 6 February 2015 at 19:16:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> This is precisely why I have lost all interest in @safe. It's
>> clear that
>> the present problematic situation will continue to hold, and
>> the
>> decision makers are not interested to address it. I am not
>> going to
>> waste any more time and energy on this topic.
>
> I've asked repeatedly for evidence of the "problematic
> situation", and all I got was doomsday predictions "maintenance
> nightmare!". If you have such, please show it. If not, thanks
> for a good course of action. -- Andrei

The best evidence I have it that everyone who actually worked on
the phobos code you disapprove of says it's a problem. Argumentum
ad populem, I know, but it calls for close scrutiny, to say the
least.

My attitude is not based on evidence. It's based on just thinking
about the problem:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/eeglnychgudcffpjcdvy@forum.dlang.org

I really can't answer this question.