Zero-length static array spec

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 6 14:16:59 PST 2015

On Friday, 6 February 2015 at 19:10:01 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> For debugging purposes, it must have a position on the stack
> pointer.

This sentence does not parse for me. "on the stack *pointer*"?

> For semantic purposes, comparing it as being equal to another
> value
> must be false.

That's not clear to me from the spec. One could argue that a
zero-byte entity can by definition not have an identity.

In any case, my question was how to implement that behavior
without allocating memory, which the spec currently prohibits.

David