Trusted Manifesto

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 9 20:18:14 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 04:05:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/9/15 8:03 PM, Zach the Mystic wrote:
>> You could put the 'trusted' template right in object.d, to
>> save people
>> the awkward burden of importing it from std.conv all the time.
>> But that
>> would be a language change, of sorts.
>
> We won't define it. Instead we'll go with Steve's idea: ()
> @trusted => expr. It's not much longer and it's a teensy bit
> more awkward - exactly what the doctor prescribed. -- Andrei

People were worried about reliable inlining, but maybe the
compiler can just guarantee that somehow. Aren't we back where we
were before? The only addition we were recommending is the
equivalent of only allowing @trusted lambdas like the one above
in @trusted and @system functions, but not in @safe ones.