Setting error/removal dates for deprecated features

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 00:51:07 PST 2015

On Sunday, February 08, 2015 16:43:25 Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> We still have quite a few features which are listed as
> to-be-deprecated, but without any dates listed:
>
> http://dlang.org/deprecate.html
>
> So, what's the status of these?

I think that it's a case of us agreeing that we want to do it but no one
actually taking care of it. And part of it is a matter of bias by the one
making the list. Daniel Murphy went to a lot of effort to get that list put
together at one point, and he put an effort into actually moving some of the
deprecations along in the compiler, but he didn't agree with all of the
items in the list (e.g. IIRC, he thinks that delete should stay), so he
didn't make an effort to move all of them along. And no one else has stepped
up to do it. I expect that most any of them would stand a good chance of
getting changes for them merged though if someone put in the time and effort
to create PRs moving them along.

- Jonathan M Davis