Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 04:00:53 PST 2015

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:22:49 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Probably something that's neither important nor urgent.
>
> Yet we do have matters that are important and urgent. We want to improve
> Phobos' take on memory allocation. Yet not one soul is working on
> RefCounted. Few know even what needs to be done of it. Why? Why are so
> many of us dedicating so much energy to tweaking what already works,
> instead of tackling real problems? Problems that e.g. - pardon my being
> pedantic - are in the vision document?

maybe 'cause people willing to fix the things that annoys them, not the
things someone says they should fix? those "small changes" annoys people
enough to do something, and they are relatively easy. not everybody has
enough time and/or motivation to work on big changes (especially if they
don't even use that things often enough).

i, for example, happily spent two days restoring `typedef` feature in DMD
and GDC, 'cause i really want it, and `Typedef!` suxalot. yet i can't
care less about `RefCounted`, so i don't even want to start working on
it. same for most other things from "vision doc".