Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 08:17:25 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 15:48:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Yeah, welcome to the open source community. People work on what
> they
> *want* to work on, not what somebody else tells them they
> should work
> on.  :-)
>
> The corollary is, if you want people to work on X, you should
> make X
> attractive enough that people *want* to work on it. Inspiration
> tends to
> work a lot better than command in a volunteer project.

I want to note that I am not totally against more controlled
contributions - but that is totally different type of
collaboration that implies much more formal process, as well as
willingness to actually manage such team. There is a big mindset
gap between "I did those things I needed and can share them" and
"I am going to work on things you consider important", those are
not interchangeable.