RFC: std.*.concept convention

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 01:11:08 PST 2015

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 08:59:30 Jakob Ovrum via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 08:54:41 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
> > We really haven't been using the
> > term concepts for anything in D, and instead have been heavily
> > using the
> > term traits for what you're talking about - e.g. isInputRange
> > is considered
> > to be a trait.
>
> My opinion is the opposite. I've never seen anyone use the term
> "traits", but I have seen the term "concept".

We have a whole module full of them - std.traits - so we're already using
that term in Phobos, whereas you won't find the term concepts in there
anywhere. And you seem to be looking for exactly the same thing except in
specific areas - ranges, containers, etc. - rather than having all them
sitting in std.traits.

- Jonathan M Davis