A safer interface for core.stdc

finalpatch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 02:45:44 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 February 2015 at 17:45:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/9/15 1:39 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> I think this is crucial if we want to keep actual Phobos
>> sources easily
>> review-able within your requirements. There is a good value in
>> having
>> `core.stdc` to map C headers 1-to-1 though.
>>
>> Would you consider separate `core.safestdc` package tree where
>> such
>> wrappers could be put on per need basis (duplicating tree
>> structure of
>> core.stdc modules internally)
>
> Walter opposes this on grounds of increased maintenance
> burdens. He points out (rightly imho) that we better focus on
> the higher-level primitives present in Phobos. -- Andrei

Please don't waste your limited resource on this. When people use
core.stdc they know what they are doing and take full
responsibility of the consequence. If they want safety or nice
APIs they wouldn't be using these functions in the first place.