Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 05:48:51 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 17:04:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/9/15 11:17 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>> I do what I feel needs to be done. You are free either reject
>> or accept
>> it. But please don't tell me how I should manage my own spare
>> time. If
>> you want cultural change - lead by example.
>
> I only replied because you explicitly asked for my opinion,
> under the assumption it would be discussed civilly even if it
> is not aligned with yours.
>
> Andrei

There seems to be a weird miscommunication here. I have asked
your opinion about this specific proposal - does it seem useful
to you, would you be willing to endorse it as official starting
point for D development etc. Instead I got verbose explanation
about my attitude being wrong and how other areas are more
important to work on. Thus it wasn't on point at all.

By rejecting this you won't make me work on other things that
_you_ consider more important - it will simply make me reconsider
this project as private one and not keep in mind potential
upstream inclusion.

May I suggest you to do some research on open-source project
management and related topics? It feels like there is a huge
mismatch between how you expect things to work and how those
happen to work in practice. Such misplaced expectations can do a
lot of harm for project leadership.