Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 08:34:42 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 16:30:21 UTC, Vladimir
Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 16:16:41 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> * What's going to happen with the commit history for our
>> current projects?
>>
>> * How about the pull requests history?
>
> If you have to ask this question, there's clearly a big
> communication gap. This is not an overhaul of existing
> repositories or processes. The answer to both is "nothing", and
> I don't think anyone is seriously considering a change that
> would invalidate either.

I would like to add that, however, it might be worth considering
moving everything to a single repository at the same time as the
switch to DDMD. DDMD by itself is a big change, so aggregating
other changes with big wolkflow impact (but net benefit in the
long run) would make sense.