Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 08:51:56 PST 2015

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:32:59 +0000, weaselcat wrote:

> I see it as quite a shame that people repeatedly say they actively avoid
> using classes in D in favor of structs where possible, until forced to
> use classes.

it has nothing with GC per se, i just don't like the concept. not
epsecially D classes, but the whole C++-inspired thing (yes, i know that
it wasn't C++ invention; yet it's C++ which popularized it). current OOP
is overrated. and real smalltalk-like OOP is not very vell suitable for
static typed languages.

i'm still slowly developing a BlackBox-like system, though, that is fully
based on classes and modules. yet i don't want to develop it too far
before DDMD arrives. and i don't have a codegen (alas, this problem seems
unsolvable).