Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 08:57:35 PST 2015

On 2/11/15 8:38 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> No. To clarify, the new repo is not a replacement of the existing ones.
> It is an additional meta-repository, which, when cloned with
> --recursive, gets all the other ones.

I see, thanks. So the change is not that dramatic. Nice!

What would be the nomenclature? Right now we have
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language with individual projects.

Is it possible for D-Programming-Language to be its own meta-repository
so you clone git at github.com:D-Programming-Language? I guess not.

Then the meta-repository would be
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang. Effectively we add
dlang as another project parallel with dmd, druntime, etc. People could
continue using the current workflow or hop on the dlang integrated
tooling. Is that correct?

What's the criteria for including/not including stuff in
D-Programming-Language to dlang?

Can tools in tools/ assume the dlang layout? Can they assume the
existence of the meta-repo?

Is the "dlang" name sufficiently descriptive? Possible alternatives:
"dev", "core", "essentials", "init", "bootstrap", "root"...

Andrei