Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 10:27:11 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 18:23:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I thought somebody mentioned that the latest version of git
> submodules
> now allows tracking branch heads instead of specific commits?

And I have replied several times already that it doesn't work the
way those people expect it to work. Do you honestly think I have
not tried that feature before proposing anything?

It simply sets remote tracking branch for submodules allowing to
update them all with simple one-liner `git submodule update
--remote`. It still stores exact commit hash in history which
gets cloned initially.