Proposal : aggregated dlang git repository

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 10:30:11 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 06:27:44PM +0000, Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 18:23:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >I thought somebody mentioned that the latest version of git
> >submodules now allows tracking branch heads instead of specific
> >commits?
>
> Yeah, it turns out it doesn't work quite like you'd expect. They still
> track specific commits, but they also remember a ref (branch) that a
> commit can be on. Then, you can run "git submodule update --remote" to
> make it point to the latest commit on that branch.

Ah I see. Carry on, then. :-P

A program should be written to model the concepts of the task it performs rather than the physical world or a process because this maximizes the potential for it to be applied to tasks that are conceptually similar and, more important, to tasks that have not yet been conceived. -- Michael B. Allen