std.allocator ready for some abuse

ANtlord via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 12 00:56:50 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 15:56:07 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 2/11/15 4:55 AM, ANtlord wrote:
>> On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 15:49:27 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> Progress on std.allocator is slow but I do have a plan. I
>>> don't think
>>> we should pull ScopeBuffer yet.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Mr. Alexandrescu. What about std allocator? Is feature
>> valuable? I've
>> took a look in Wish List in wiki and Allocator still there.
>> If this feature is valuable. What is left in currently
>> implementation of
>> your project? Can you tell about state, maybe show To Do list?
>>
>> Sorry, if my english is not clear. Thank you.
>
> Interface with garbage collector is to be done. The rest is
> usable right now. -- Andrei

I thought, that general purpose of allocator it is memory
management without garbage collector. Because allocator will be
used in containers, and they must work without garbage collector.
If no, what is difference between containers and arrays in
current implementation of D? I assumed, that containers are need
for increased performance within saving safety code. But a using
GC will not increase performance.

Or Am I dead wrong?