Inconsistent coding style in code examples

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 12 13:21:52 PST 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:16:38 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> Why you did it doesn't matter. What matters is you did it and
> contributed it. Also, just because it wasn't reported before doesn't
> mean it wasn't happening to people. The vast majority will see a bug,
> and just dump the compiler and move to something else.

that's exactly why i'm ashamed. 'cause i knew about this bug for almost a
year and a half, yet never tried to find out what was wrong until i have
to write some windows code, which was very uncomfortable to do in virtual
machine. i.e. i knew that the bug exists (but didn't know why) and don't
bothered to report it.

> Me, for example, I very very rarely bother to report a bug in a product
> I use. The reason isn't because I am lazy (although I am). It's because
> companies make it hard to report a bug. If they want to act like they're
> doing me a favor by accepting a bug report, then I won't bother.

i may never agree on some bugreports, but i feel that D community is very
warm in accepting bug reports. and most of them either getting fixed, or
at least i'm told why they aren't a bugs. i mean that reporting bugs to D
bugzilla has the very visible effect, and it's great.