Issue with rendering dlang.org/library

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 14 00:46:58 PST 2015

Per the screenshot at http://i.imgur.com/6lY57L6.png, the entire
/library/ and /library-prerelease/ part of the website is not rendering
properly at least in Chrome and Firefox on OSX.

Folks, there needs to be some visual testing with each pull request.
This is one of the places where automated testing is rather difficult.

Also, the cycle of reporting back such issues should be a lot faster.

In related news, I don't know how to rebuild documentation with dub. If
I run "make clean" followed by "make dpl-docs", it mentions something
about things being up to date and recommends using --force to rebuild.
How can things be up to date after "make clean"?

Anyhow I followed the advice and ran this by hand:

../dub-0.9.22/bin/dub build --force --root=dpl-docs
--compiler=/tmp/.stable_dmd-2.066.1/dmd2/osx/bin/dmd

This time the tool output some other messages and still did not build
the docs.

In switching to dub we're hoping there'd be improvement in the quality
of website and a better build process. Please assist me in making that
happen.

Thanks,

Andrei