Issue with rendering dlang.org/library

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 14 01:04:47 PST 2015

On 14/02/2015 9:46 p.m., Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Per the screenshot at http://i.imgur.com/6lY57L6.png, the entire
> /library/ and /library-prerelease/ part of the website is not rendering
> properly at least in Chrome and Firefox on OSX.
>
> Folks, there needs to be some visual testing with each pull request.
> This is one of the places where automated testing is rather difficult.
>
> Also, the cycle of reporting back such issues should be a lot faster.
>
> In related news, I don't know how to rebuild documentation with dub. If
> I run "make clean" followed by "make dpl-docs", it mentions something
> about things being up to date and recommends using --force to rebuild.
> How can things be up to date after "make clean"?
>
> Anyhow I followed the advice and ran this by hand:
>
> ../dub-0.9.22/bin/dub build --force --root=dpl-docs
> --compiler=/tmp/.stable_dmd-2.066.1/dmd2/osx/bin/dmd
>
> This time the tool output some other messages and still did not build
> the docs.
>
> In switching to dub we're hoping there'd be improvement in the quality
> of website and a better build process. Please assist me in making that
> happen.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

It might be wise to start setting up some form or web site testing.
Like PhantomJS[0].

I personally haven't had the chance to use it yet. But it can create
images from web pages it views and more importantly it's headless (no
gui display required).

I don't know how doable, but set it up to so it would auto submit the
images to the github PR would be awesome. No excuse not to review the
changes.

[0] http://phantomjs.org/