Any ddox experts n da house?

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 14 15:38:37 PST 2015

On Saturday, 14 February 2015 at 23:06:20 UTC, Mathias Lang wrote:
> We'll get the best of both
> world, keeping the possibility to output any target out of the
> specs, but
> writting website-specific part in a proper framework.

And the advantages of this are..?

Sorry, but I don't think this is going to fly.

You are proposing switching parts of the the website to Diet
templates. This is one more DSL that contributors will need to
know. We will have two different macro systems for building one
website, and a ton of dependencies to boot.

Furthermore, this is probably the worst possible moment for such
a proposal - you are suggesting that we move even more weight on
something that is, right now, not merely unmaintained, but
broken, and with no one wanting to fix it. Even if you complete
your work, and assuming it gets accepted, who is going to
maintain it?

Right now, it would take a very strong argument to prove that we
need to migrate MORE parts to Vibe when the existing ones barely
hold up.