H1 2015 - C++ integration

Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 15 07:37:32 PST 2015

On Sunday, 15 February 2015 at 14:42:46 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet
wrote:
> I updated https://github.com/gchatelet/dlang_cpp_std to provide
> a struct and class implementation of string.
> Also added a README to weigh the pros and cons of each, list
> bugs I encountered  and other things we need to think about.

That's a great work.
Guillaume, I'll try to ask this question again.

I'm wrapping the C++ API of OpenCV [1], and it works great.
I'm using a D struct for std::string instead of D class, because
I agree with your findings that's more convenient.

But, in case I would like to use a D class for std::string, how
to call a C++ function that takes a std::string&? It's feasible
right now?

I think we need more control over the mangle in extern(C++)...

[1] http://docs.opencv.org/trunk/modules/refman.html