Which is right?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 15 15:30:19 PST 2015

On 2/15/15 3:20 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 01:51:26PM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> We now have:
>>
>> http://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm.html
>>
>> and also
>>
>> http://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm_package.html
>>
>> There are minor differences in formatting.
>>
>> Since std/algorithm.d was transformed into a package,
>> std_algorithm_package.html is generated, and std_algorithm.html is
>> old.  However, there are still old links to it etc. so probably we
>> should generate std_algorithm.html instead.
>>
>> Could somebody (preferably the contributor who converted std.algorithm
>> into a package) see to this?
> [...]
>
> This is not the only package with this problem; std.range and
> std.container also has the same issue.

Indeed, and that doesn't help either :o). While at it, it would be great
to eliminate the duplication in the makefile, e.g.:

$(DOC_OUTPUT_DIR)/std_container_%.html : std/container/%.d $(STDDOC)
	$(DDOC) project.ddoc $(STDDOC) -Df$@ $<

$(DOC_OUTPUT_DIR)/std_algorithm_%.html : std/algorithm/%.d $(STDDOC)
	$(DDOC) project.ddoc $(STDDOC) -Df$@ $<

$(DOC_OUTPUT_DIR)/std_range_%.html : std/range/%.d $(STDDOC)
	$(DDOC) project.ddoc $(STDDOC) -Df$@ $<

$(DOC_OUTPUT_DIR)/std_regex_%.html : std/regex/%.d $(STDDOC)
	$(DDOC) project.ddoc $(STDDOC) -Df$@ $<

There must be a simple way to handle all packages in std/ in a uniform
manner so we don't need separate definitions (STD_ALGO_MODULES,
STD_RANGE_MODULES, STD_CONTAINER_MODULES... all that must go away).

In brief the handling of packages in std/ needs some serious TLC, and
quickly - before 2.067. As I vaguely recall you (H.S. Teoh) did most of
the package-ing, would it be reasonable to kindly ask you to take this?

Andrei