MAP_ANON

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 15 18:19:49 PST 2015

On 2/15/15 1:36 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 February 2015 at 21:26:27 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Building Phobos yields:
>>
>> std/mmfile.d(332): Deprecation: alias core.sys.posix.sys.mman.MAP_ANON
>> is deprecated - Please use core.sys.osx.sys.mman for non-POSIX extensions
>>
>> What is the right fix here?
>
> The line above the faulting one is:
>
> version(linux) import core.sys.linux.sys.mman : MAP_ANON;
>
> I imagine the fix would be along the same line :)
>
> version(OSX) import core.sys.osx.sys.mman : MAP_ANON;
>
> std.mmfile is one of the legacy modules, in good need of a rewrite or
> overhaul.

I agree. I think the problem here is that if this doesn't get fixed
we'll release Phobos with deprecated stuff it.

That's hardly sending the right message to people about bringing their
own code up to snuff.

Folks, we want to get 2.067 out the door on March 1. That's two short
weeks from now. We really need all hands on deck to make this a
successful release.

Thanks,

Andrei