One more issue

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 15 19:49:15 PST 2015

Just figured that the documentation of package-ized std.algorithm is...
not good:

http://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm_package.html

It has two seemingly random names in it: "forward" and "SortOutput".
Also the table at the beginning uses some odd small fonts for the
function names.

With 2.067 this will become the documentation of the most used artifact
of the standard library.

Is this what we want for 2.067?

Apparently the initial splitting work passed review with significant
scrutiny: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2879.
I'm unclear whether that was the pull that created the various
documentation-related issues, or they became worse later. That was
definitely the pull that has caused the silent and unacceptable change
of name from std_algorithm.html to std_algorithm_package.html.

Folks, THIS MUST IMPROVE RADICALLY. The long and short of it - and it
really pains me to say it - it's shoddy work and shoddy reviewing.

I'm all for taking a weak contribution and shepherding it toward getting
better. I'm speaking personally about myself, and also I hope on behalf
of the community. It's the right thing to do.

For this to work, we must put the right emphasis on good reviewing and
take pride in getting our contributions in top shape.

Also, we need to build the right trust that some matter can be delegated
appropriately so we don't spread our focus too thin.

I appeal to all contributors to improve focus on adding real value to D,
and to all reviewers to take good submissions into great submissions.

As things are right now, I don't see how we can release 2.067 on time
without real help from the entire community.

Thanks,

Andrei