One more issue

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 16 12:09:55 PST 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:36:57 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> * There is no added value to D users in splitting algorithm.d into a
> package.
>
> * Even the value to contributors is debatable and definitely low impact.
>
> * The documentation is in shambles.
>
> All told we're looking at a net negative.

fuckin' perfect. and then you asking why people don't want to contribute
and how to convert 'em to contributors. it's like beating a dog and then
asking why it doesn't want to come closer anymore, and what was wrong.

i bet telling people that their work is "low-impact" and "net negative"
is one of the best ways to attract contributors. especially when people
were care to explain why exactly that work was done, what it solves and
why it's needed.

sure, this shouldn't be taken emotionally, 'cause well, why somebody
should be emotional about the work he did in his spare time and cared to
share with others? he has nothing better to do anyway.