contiguous ranges

Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 16 19:48:01 PST 2015

On Monday, 16 February 2015 at 11:57:36 UTC, FG wrote:
> On 2015-02-16 at 07:06, Vlad Levenfeld wrote:
>> *ContigiousRange* has enough length [...]
>
> LOL. The clearly masochistic C++ committee needs to be
> applauded for introducing what may become the biggest source of
> typos.  :)
>
> Adjoining would be easier on the non-native English speakers
> than contiguous. Not to mention that contiguous sounds almost
> like contagious. Let's better not catch that infection. ;)

Well, if you're that worried about the proximity of the 'i' and
'u' keys, you might be happier with AddressableRange, though
you'll want to watch out for those tricky double consonants :)

I think I may do my senior thesis on range/iterator categories,
so I make the post more out of curiosity than as a proposal for
an addition to Phobos (though I wouldn't mind seeing it
formalized, the use cases are certainly there).