Botan Crypto and TLS for D

Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 17 17:14:50 PST 2015

On 2015-02-17 19:11, ketmar wrote:
> so you did it. great! so maybe vibe.d can drop that OpenSSL dependency
> soon. ;-)

Apart from the debugging experience, there's something empowering about
having all the low-level stuff available in Mono-D when writing a website =)

Other than that, it's also easier to customize (through inheritance). It
also compiles faster 6-7 seconds (D) vs 70 seconds (C++). My favorite
part is: vibe.d projects now compiles the entire software stack into a
fully-featured standalone executable without any license issues.

I'll be working on HTTP/2 with websocket-style full duplex
communications once this is done, and then a CMS that has a windows
explorer-like desktop front-end with a redis filesystem and distributed
node management. So many nice projects :D