Botan Crypto and TLS for D

Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 17 20:01:28 PST 2015

On 2015-02-17 20:54, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 18/02/2015 10:00 a.m., Etienne wrote:
>> I'd like to announce the first release of Botan, which implements all
>> features of v1.11.10 in the C++ library.
>>
>> I gave special attention to properly translating it to correct D code.
>>
>> It only runs with DMD master for now, only tested on Linux x86 or
>> x86_64, and it uses a custom allocator library called memutils which
>> must be placed in ../
>>
>> I'd also want to underline that Alexander Bothe from Mono-D put some
>> special attention to making sure the IDE runs smoothely with Botan.
>>
>> All tests are passing at the time of this writing (which is thousands of
>> tests for all algorithms, incl x509, pubkeys, tls and so on).
>>
>> I'll let the wiki/api docs/code talk for me, I'm off to writing an TLS
>> driver for vibe.d now
>>
>> Have fun!
>
> I'm quite excited by this.
> I do hope however that we get an ssh library now. Maybe git + mercurial
> + svn as well.
> We could do so much with that!

It looks like this library (using Botan C++) could simply be translated
to D code:

https://github.com/cdesjardins/ne7ssh

The only problem I see is that it's licensed QPL. However, the
maintainer is missing and I think the library is simple enough to use it
as a guideline/reference (along with other RFCs and libraries) and
re-write an ssh library from scratch to get something new and original
out of it and possibly use a more open license