Botan Crypto and TLS for D

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 03:43:50 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 04:17:16 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 18/02/2015 5:01 p.m., Etienne Cimon wrote:

>>> I'm quite excited by this.
>>> I do hope however that we get an ssh library now. Maybe git +
>>> mercurial
>>> + svn as well.
>>> We could do so much with that!
>>

>> It looks like this library (using Botan C++) could simply be
>> translated
>> to D code:
>>
>> https://github.com/cdesjardins/ne7ssh
>>
>> The only problem I see is that it's licensed QPL. However, the
>> maintainer is missing and I think the library is simple enough
>> to use it
>> as a guideline/reference (along with other RFCs and libraries)
>> and
>> re-write an ssh library from scratch to get something new and
>> original
>> out of it and possibly use a more open license
>
> I saw that, I was worried about the license as well.
> I'll ping Craig. Maybe there is still time for somebody to take
> it on for GSOC?

Having another project, or two, wouldn't be a issue.  I haven't
submitted the proposal yet, and I don't think the Google folks
will start looking at the idea's pages until early next week, so
there is no issue as far as I see adding something as late as
this weekend.

Having said that I am really busy this week and have been having
trouble finding the time simply to fill out the Melange form and
submit the proposal, I will get it done, so no need to worry.
However, if someone wants to add another idea to the ideas pages
I am leaving that up to them!  Please try to follow the exiting
template as close as possible ... if someone ends up doing this.

The following open-source licenses are approved, and I noticed
QPL is on there:

http://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical

Craig