Issue with rendering dlang.org/library

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 09:10:21 PST 2015

On Saturday, 14 February 2015 at 10:25:52 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> make it stop using its own templating language and use the one
> we already use for everything else - HTML, PDF, Mobi, CHM -
> DDoc.
DDoc isn't a good tool to generate webpages. For the simple
reason that a webpage needs to be dynamic, i.e. handle stuff that
isn't known while generating documentation.

If I would run a D project that needed online documentation I
would either have ddoc generate an intermediate structure or
directly generate partial diet templates.

I just do not see why ddoc needs to general html pages. What
about single responsibility?