Writing game engine in C++, considering switching to D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 14:44:19 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 20:48:07 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> as for some of your answer... using DMD from command line is
> dead easy
> both on GNU/Linux and on windows. you may miss visual studio
> integration
> and debugging, though.

Actually, you can have both. Apparently the Windows installer for
DMD installs VisualD and during a segfault in a raytracer, I
noticed it asked me if I wanted to debug. I had no idea what it
would do, and I was rather annoyed when Visual Studio started up,
but it pointed me to the line that failed. And I was just using
command line dmd... I was very impressed. ~.~