contiguous ranges

Pasqui23 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 19 11:29:04 PST 2015

On Thursday, 19 February 2015 at 11:20:13 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet
wrote:

> From this discussion I understand you mainly want to be able to
> BitBlt ranges
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_blit
>
> BitBlt covers multi dimensional arrays as well (2D textures)
> and might convey the semantic you want better than Contiguous
> (too fine grained ?).

Effectively bit blit range is a better name than contiguous
range,but as I have said this and range castable to T[] are not
mutually exclusive concepts.
> Also the blitting term is already used in D (post-blit
> constructor).
Unfotunately the post-blit constructor covers only the copy of
structures(like smart pointers)and is inadequate for ranges(it
would be surprising if
auto cp=r;
would copy the entire range and not the position in the container
only).