contiguous ranges

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 20 11:26:10 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 07:09:14PM +0000, deadalnix via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 20 February 2015 at 12:23:49 UTC, Vlad Levenfeld wrote:
> >Yes. A slice is the simplest realization of a contiguous range. I
> >argue that it is useful to have structures which have slice-like
> >behavior without actually being slices.
> >

> I'm still not sure what more complex continuous range exists, and if
> it is worth the complexity of adding them to the language.

What do contiguous ranges offer that isn't already offered by a random
access range that hasSlicing? If it doesn't offer significantly more
power than what we already have, I doubt Andrei would agree to adding it
to Phobos. We already have enough work on our hands trying to maintain
the current diverse set of ranges.

What do you call optometrist jokes? Vitreous humor.