DDMD just went green on all platforms for the first time

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 21 19:32:44 PST 2015

"Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message
news:mcb28b$2iab$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Fantastic. Thanks for hacking at this for so long. I assume going forward
> things will be easier because we won't accept pulls that break ddmd?

Yes, once everything has been moved into master the autotester will prevent
changes that break ddmd from going in.  Most of the time that just means
updating the config file when new top-level declarations are added, being
careful with comment placement and being conservative with C++ features.

The next step is probably to get
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3970 in, and force
everybody to get their host D toolchain configured.

That pull request converts idgen to D, so a D compiler is required to build
dmd.  By default on posix it just invokes 'dmd', so many systems will just
work.  Otherwise, which compiler to use can be specified by defining the
HOST_DC environment variable or passing it to make (eg make -f win32.mak
HOST_DC=... )