DDMD just went green on all platforms for the first time

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 21 19:42:29 PST 2015

"Shammah Chancellor"  wrote in message news:mcb4nf$2kd5$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Awesome!  Now those of us who don't want to work in C++ can start helping?
> Possibly?

It will still be a while before development switches to D, at the moment all
patches still need to be against the C++ source.  You could always work on
the D source and port your work back to the C++ version, which would be
fairly easy as it's basically a 1-1 mapping.

Really, DMD's source is by far the best C++ codebase I've ever worked on.
It avoids many of the biggest problems with C++ and feels much more like
working on D than any other project I've ever touched.