DDMD just went green on all platforms for the first time

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 22 06:52:01 PST 2015

On Sunday, 22 February 2015 at 14:18:31 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Benjamin Thaut:
>
>> Are there any performance comparisons? E.g. how long das DDMD
>> take to compile phobos vs regular DMD?
>
> Yes, there are several performance comparisons I'm curious
> about, like binary size, compilation speed, compilation speed
> of the compiler, max memory to compile Phobos without
> unittests, and few more basic data points.

First, great work, Daniel, ddmd seems to be the future for D and
I hope it goes through more quickly from now on.

Second, this would be a great opportunity to benchmark ddmd with
some of the comparisons bearophile asked for and write something
up with the results.  It would publicize ddmd and get people
interested in D.  I know you're still working on ddmd, but any
preliminary results are still interesting to many.