Is D's TimSort correct?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 24 12:32:08 PST 2015

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:48:37 -0800, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> I was going to suggest dmd's code coverage tool but I've just witnessed
> the problem first-hand: Uninstantiated template code is not visible to
> the coverage analyser! :-o

yes. i don't think that this is a bug, though: coverage analyser analyses
only actually existing code, and non-instantiated template is
inexisting. ;-)

and forcing compiler to instantiate all possible template variants is
both impractical and not even possible, i think.

yet symbolic checker like KeY can be very handy here, i think. it can
prove that some instantiations are effectively the same, for example.