Mac Apps That Use Garbage Collection Must Move to ARC

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 12:21:26 PST 2015

On 2/25/2015 11:50 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Maybe it failed the goal of having C++ developers fully embrace .NET, but it
> achieved its goal of providing an easier way to integrate existing C++ code into
> .NET applications, instead of the P/Invoke dance.

I wasn't referring to technical success. There is no doubt that multiple pointer
types technically works. I was referring to acceptance by the community.

Back in the old DOS days, there were multiple pointer types (near and far).
Programmers put up with that because it was the only way, but they HATED HATED
HATED it.