Mac Apps That Use Garbage Collection Must Move to ARC

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 15:42:21 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 20:56:25 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 2/26/2015 12:29 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> Page fault ARE write barrier.
>
> When we all start debating what the meaning of "is" is, it's
> time for me to check out.

You are the one playing that game. You said earlier you used MMU
as write barrier for a GC in Java, and now you are deciding that
this is not a write barrier anymore.

But indeed, that settle the debate. If you are down to redefining
things as not write barriers as to pretend you can implement what
you redefine as a generational GC (which the rest of the world
call a compacting GC) then what is there to discuss ? You don't
seems to be up to date about recent GC technologies and/or
terminology used in the area.