DIP74: Reference Counted Class Objects

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 27 14:15:13 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 February 2015 at 22:03:06 UTC, ted wrote:
> I can see how a system that used (for example)
> malloc/calloc/free would
> work, I'm just querying the consistency of the examples within
> DIP74?

That is on of the 2 main problems with this DIP. The memory
management of the object is linked to its memory management,
which will force a ton a code duplication.

The second problem is that we are coming up with a myriad of ad
hoc solutions for various aspect of the same problem, with no
visibility on what the whole thing is going to look like (so
there is no base to compare the current road we are taking to any
alternative proposal, deemed too complex).