Improving ddoc

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 05:28:27 PST 2015

On 1/1/15, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Totally. I did use it briefly a few years ago and I'm sure I can relearn
> it.

The wxWidgets developers maintain a hand-written set of doxygen
interface files because doxygen actually crashes when trying to parse
the C++ code directly.

As a result the documentation is frequently out of date. I remember
filing numerous patches to fix their docs (over 100 of them), it was
blatantly out of date[1].

We would have the same problem with D. Any time there were syntax
changes in D we would have to fix doxygen to be able to parse D code
again.

Anyway, maybe we can do something about ddoc and make it easier to
use. I'm just saying the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other
side.

[1]: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/search?ticket=on&q=drey&page=13&noquickjump=1