Improving ddoc

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 06:16:04 PST 2015

On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 10:10:53 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> My problem is very much the opposite: it's not that only ddoc
> can process ddoc syntax, it's that raw ddoc syntax is, often,
> not very human-readable.

Yeah. The enormous irony is the #1 ddoc justification - and one
of the big reasons doxygen or xml wasn't used IIRC - is

1. It looks good as embedded documentation, not just after it is
extracted and processed.

2. It's easy and natural to write, i.e. minimal reliance on
<tags> and other clumsy forms one would never see in a finished
document.

http://dlang.org/ddoc.html

blargh :(