Phobos colour module?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 06:47:37 PST 2015

On 1 January 2015 at 20:28, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 2015-01-01 07:38, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> I've been working on a pretty comprehensive module for dealing with
>> colours in various formats and colour spaces and conversions between
>> all of these.
>> It seems like a hot area for duplicated effort, since anything that
>> deals with multimedia will need this, and I haven't seen a really
>> comprehensive implementation.
>>
>> Does it seem like something we should see added to phobos?
>

> I basically know nothing about this, but would this be compatible with the
> various image/graphics C libraries out there?

That would absolutely be a critical design goal. Fortunately, colours
in C are usually expressed in very common ways.

I'm toying over exactly how I want the API should look, and if people
are behind this, then maybe I'll bring the discussion public?