Phobos colour module?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 06:51:58 PST 2015

On 1 January 2015 at 21:30, via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 06:38:41 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> My colours can be used as high-level colour values for precise numeric
>> work, or specify encodings such that they are directly useful to
>> represent pixels in images of basically any format/layout for
>> rendering use.
>

> Colourspaces is a tricky area, it would be nice with a templated conversion
> tool, but you also need to deal with stuff like gamut compression if you
> want it to be a generic solution.
>
> http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Gamut_Compression

Sure, that would definitely be a function offered. Ie, compress one
colour space into another, as opposed to doing a direct colour space
conversion, which could lead to clipping or unused headroom.

CMYK is a bit tricky, since it usually relies on OS registered colour
profiles; I'd probably leave CMYK conversion to a printing module.
Other colour spaces are not hardware or OS specific, and should all be
easy to support.