Improving ddoc

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 08:27:23 PST 2015

On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 15:09:22 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> My top list of md shortcuts for "casual" documentation:
>
> 1. `code`

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4228

That's by far my #1 syntax-wise, and since my implementation uses
the existing code, it will be relevant semantically too at some
point - when the code examples get cross-referencing, inline bits
will too, so we can link with that too (probably*).

The others aren't even really important to me at all; $(HEADER
foo) or Foo: both look good enough for me. Tables might be nice,
but overall aren't that big of a deal to me.

* A potential problem running it through that D highlighter is
not all `code` is necessarily D code. But most of it is and the
rest still seems to work well enough - my xml tag test passed -
so I think it is the biggest win for ddoc.